AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Selecting Search Campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, 

I want to promote a section on my site , or a page say.., site sells kids cloths...it has images and other things on the page,  so you select a design then you select  say put that design on a kids t shirt, you select few more things ..as you can design your own stuff .. then your taken to ANOTHER  page to check out page where you pay and all.

1. Which Campaing I should use ?  Search with all features. ?

2. If I promote this page on Adwords, then how can I track if the user has come to this page from Ad words .. as the process is across 2-3 pages.. and then finally the user pays ?

I am hands on conversation tracking , remarketing , analytics.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Guruprashad S
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Guruprashad S

If you want to track access through multiple pages as a conversion then no, you'll have to approach this differently. The best way to do that is to set up an event for each step in GA and a goal for the completion of all the events. Then import that goal into AdWords from GA. 

If what you're looking to track is the funnel itself and there's a transaction, I'd actually go a little simpler. Set up ecommerce tracking in Google Analytics, set the steps/pages in the process as the funnel steps and the transaction as the...transaction. You can import this into AdWords then and you'll get some really amazing insight in Google Analytics at the same time. You can find out more about it here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009612?hl=en

If you're not sure which option to choose, I'd recommend using this table to help you decide:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2976313?hl=en

Hope that answers your question!

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Guruprashad S

You should use the campaign type that fits the audience you're trying to target. When setting it up, it's completely up to you how many targeting options you want to choose. I'd start here: https://support.google.com/partners/answer/6123890?hl=en

Regarding the conversion tracking, as long as the conversion tracking code is triggered on your receipt/thankyou/conversion page, it will track back to the campaign that sent the click. it doesn't matter if the user visits 3,4,5 or 100 pages. With AdWords, it will even track across domains. This is not true for Google Analytics though so if you're importing GA transactions as your conversions, you'll have to do things slightly different. If that's the case, let me know and I'll point you to further information. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you for your reply.

I am using AdWords as of now, so it's fine.

" .. it will track back to the campaign that sent the click" - Do you mean it will track back to the say first page that was clicked if the conversion code was on the say 3 page ( the payment page). P1( I want to track as I am promoting this page)-> P2 ->P3 ( conversion tacking )

AND , it will not record conversion if the same happens from another page ( not the promotion page ) which uses the same payment page ?? But conversion code will triggered irrespective where I am coming from ?

B1( I Don't want to track as I am not promoting this page)-> P2 ->P3 ( conversion tacking )

So, I can't run more than 1 promotions if I am planning to place the conversion code on the say  payment page, and if I can't use more than 1 payment page ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Guruprashad S
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Guruprashad S

If you want to track access through multiple pages as a conversion then no, you'll have to approach this differently. The best way to do that is to set up an event for each step in GA and a goal for the completion of all the events. Then import that goal into AdWords from GA. 

If what you're looking to track is the funnel itself and there's a transaction, I'd actually go a little simpler. Set up ecommerce tracking in Google Analytics, set the steps/pages in the process as the funnel steps and the transaction as the...transaction. You can import this into AdWords then and you'll get some really amazing insight in Google Analytics at the same time. You can find out more about it here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009612?hl=en

If you're not sure which option to choose, I'd recommend using this table to help you decide:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2976313?hl=en

Hope that answers your question!

[ Edited ]

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Dave, 

I have setup Enhanced Ecommerce Settings ,  I am adding the Funnel steps.

Que - Do I need to use the cross domain code in my case, where the domain is  milkteeth.in, when I check out it takes the user to Shopify Domain (checkout.shopify.com), and then from here to another payment domain (www.citruspay.com).

Though I will be fixing the above to reduce the steps to complete the payments, but to start I need to track a special promotion for which I will be starting with Search and then Display, if this gives confidence to the owner other things will follow.