2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Second video ad not receiving impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I just created my second video ad, using the same settings/budget/bid price, as well as keywords. I wanted to emphasise this ad, so i decreased my first ad's budget. 

The second ad is serving and approved, but has received 0 impressions or views, whereas the first ad kept receiving similar volumes to what it had been, up to its' budget. I thought the first ad might have been prioritised and thus being played instead of my second ad, so i paused the first ad, and even after 24 hours pausing the first ad, the second ad has not received any views or impressions. I know this isn't due to the delay in receiving statistics as the youtube video hasnt accrued any views, and i cannot see what part of my setup would stop it getting the same number of impressions as my first ad, as they were set up identically (as i mentioned with the same targetting). 

Any help would be appreciated, thankyou

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Second video ad not receiving impressions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

Are these ads in the same targeting group or different ones? Also, could you check if the actual video on YouTube is set to 'public' and not 'private'? More info about this here.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar