AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Searching for a specific site with the Display Planer, how to ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

If I want to verify if certain large websites have sub-sections where they place AdWords Ads, how can I look for them with the Display Planner, as it was possible with the previous tool "Ad Planner" ? This would be also useful to check what banner sizes are accepted on those sites.

Only writing their address in the "get ideas" text box does not work. I know some of them may be under the generic "anonymous" , but I was hoping for a direct method of finding out if a certain site is listed in the placements inventory.

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Searching for a specific site with the Display Planer, how to ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I agree;

When I need to check  a "placement", I do do it in the placements tab of a display campaign. The new "display planner"  in not  the preferred tool

As for banner sizes: My opinion is that  the issue is  with publishers conatstnly changing the layout of their sites, and it's hard to track banner sizes available (for each site). What I recommend,  is to have all the banner sizes in one ad-group plus a text ad, - to ensure that  a banner size will  not (be the issue to) exclude the campaign from the auction.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Searching for a specific site with the Display Planer, how to ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, thank you for restoring my thread .

I accept your expertise as a definitive answer.

----------------------------------

And as a sidenote for your deleted personal message, I am not asking questions just to continue arguing about them, I can explain why I asked this question if anyone wants to know.

I am pretty sure the previous deleted message was about me, so please stop influencing people to think bad of me.