Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Searching Remotely by location

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Dilemma,

I want to restrict the location targeting for a local bricks and mortor very tightly - 5-10 miles.   The local client base has to be in short driving/walking distance to be viable.

However there is an equally valuable set of users who are searching for the product from well outside the geography (other states),

If I use radius around zip code for my location targeting and NOT a the zip code, surrounding zip codes or the city in my location targeting, how will that impact the users search remotely.  Essentially what I am asking is, will the "searching for" aspect in "People in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location" be triggered if I lack the specific named city in my location targeting.

Note, I have two sets of KWs, general about the service, and another similar set combined with city. 

Regards, Doug
LinkedIn  
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPCBUILDERS
September 2015

Re: Searching Remotely by location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If I got you correctly it should. However, do remember that Geo targeting is not perfect and the smaller the area targeted the higher the inaccuracy;
If the radius does not include a major city, I would also add the location as part of the KW. (I.e. targeting by intent)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPCBUILDERS
September 2015

Re: Searching Remotely by location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If I got you correctly it should. However, do remember that Geo targeting is not perfect and the smaller the area targeted the higher the inaccuracy;
If the radius does not include a major city, I would also add the location as part of the KW. (I.e. targeting by intent)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’