AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Search volumes

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new in Adwords. I set up a Google Advords campaign. I go to:

- Tools > Keyword Planner > Search for new keywords > Your product or service > I write a phrase

It only shows a very broad range for instance 10k-100k. 

Here they say "This page shows ranges for search volumes. For a more detailed view, set up and run a campaign"

- Then Google suggest me some terms. Then I click the blue arrow in the column "Add to plan" in some of the words. > Review Plan > Save to account

- Then I go to Campaigns > Keywords

I still do not see a more detailed information about Avg. Monthly searches

How to get that more detailed information?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search volumes

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @Narcis G,

You can see the average monthly searches within the Keyword planner. Once you have entered in the Keywords, go to the Keyword Ideas tab below the Search Volume Trends and it will give you the average monthly searches as well as keywords relevant to the keyword you searched. If there isn't enough relevant search volume it will simply display '--'.

Once you've added keywords to your plan and go to the Review Plan page, usually you need to enter a bid to get Google's estimate on the average daily forecasts for your account. You can do so by entering a bid in the top left corner and click 'Get Detailed Forecasts'. You can also change the daily forecast to monthly forecast by clicking the Edit icon in the left column under date range.

You may find this article helpful in understanding the Keyword Planner: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3022575

Allie

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Narcis G

Keyword Planner function has recently changed.  You can read up on it here:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Announcements/Updates-to-the-Keyword-Planner-Tool/...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Allie: I have followed your steps. The problem is that it shows "ranges for search volumes" for instance 10K-100K. This is too generic. I do not know how to choose the right keyword.

They say "This page shows ranges for search volumes. For a more detailed view, set up and run a campaign" I set up a campaign. but I do not see where I could find that detailed information relative to search volumes.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Narcis,

Bottom line is that as David correctly noted changes were applied to the tool recently; as a result of which you'll not be able to see what you used to earlier till you spend a minimum amount on your campaign. Just setting it up without spending will not help.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am new. I do not know how it was. As a beginner, I want to spend only a few, just to test. But, I do not understand how to choose the right keywords. With such a big range, all keywords seem the same.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I feel the pain, Narcis. However, the new regulation is applicable to every one, no exceptions. First you spend money upon which you'll have full access to the tool. I know it's none of your fault, however, it should be noted that Google was forced to apply such restrictions due to a widespread bulk misuse of a free tool.

Best,
Lakatos