Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Search Volume for a Small Area?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I'm trying to get a search volume data for a very specific location. I want to target a mobile devices within a mile from one of the London's tube stations, but every time I want to put something more specific, it's giving me just an option to check the data for Greater London, which is not an option in this case. What you advise?

Kind regards,

Alex

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Volume for a Small Area?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Alex,

I will suggest that you should select your keywords on the basis of Greater London Keywords Search Volume and let's speak the data. As per data, you can take further actions.

Thanks,
Anand

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My friend has a small, movable coffee shop. Greater London data may give me very little clue about how many mobile users is looking for a coffee in this particular area between 7:30 am to 11:30 am - and that's what I need. The reason why I'm sceptical about targeting geo related keywords is that, the station name is long (15 characters) and I can't imagine that anyone around will spend a time to type it on the mobile device, especially during rush hours which i want to target.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Zbigniew_P,

Unfortunately that is not possible. The intention of the keyword planner tool is to provide advertisers the ability to research and estimate the traffic on keywords for different geographical areas based upon historical data. It is not intended to be a precise measurement tool so the most granular geographical targeting is at the city level. Neither device nor ad schedule are editable options in the keyword planner tool as well.

If you are looking for this level of information you will likely need to consider running a small account, collect data and see if there is potential. Other than that I cannot think of a way to do this.

Best,

NIck

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hello Zbigniew P,

I agree with Nick here, I think you should start out with running a small campaign targeting the larger location, collect data to analyse your future steps.

One good way of understanding your priority locations or performance for each of them, you can look at the Geo report in the dimensions tab or User Location report. These reports are capable of giving you detailed geo performance thereby helping you narrowing down on your priority locations.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"