AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Search Network with Display Select - How to add targeted placements?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I Have a list of targeted placements from display planner. How to add those to "Search Network with Display Select" campaign . Earlier i had Display only network. Now for new campaign i need to ad manual placements as automatic placements are irrelevant. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Search Network with Display Select - How to add targeted placement

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gurpeet,

Thanks for posting your query on community Smiley Happy

Search and Display network does not allow to target the campaigns with managed placement,Topics, Interests and does not support "Site category exclusions". It considers only contextual targeting. It does not allow you to set separate bid for Display network.

Please read more about search network with display select campign type in detail:-

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Search-Network-With-Display-Select-Should-Smal...

https://support.google.com/partners/answer/2567043?hl=en

SNDS-1.png

I always suggest to create two different campaign for Search and Display for better campaign management, such as targeting, bid and budget.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gurpreet s
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Gurpreet,

You can only change search with display select campaign to search network only, That is why you are not getting display network only campaign as an option. To create a display campaign, you need to create a new campaign.

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gurpeet,

Thanks for posting your query on community Smiley Happy

Search and Display network does not allow to target the campaigns with managed placement,Topics, Interests and does not support "Site category exclusions". It considers only contextual targeting. It does not allow you to set separate bid for Display network.

Please read more about search network with display select campign type in detail:-

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Search-Network-With-Display-Select-Should-Smal...

https://support.google.com/partners/answer/2567043?hl=en

SNDS-1.png

I always suggest to create two different campaign for Search and Display for better campaign management, such as targeting, bid and budget.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have a small confusion. If i create two different for Search and display anyways both will run on search as one will be "Search only" and the other "Search with Display select". So the keywords will conflict with each other on search network. So how to differentiate both?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Gurpreet,

I think you have misunderstood my statements. I mean to say "Don't create Search Network with Display selec", create one campaigns for "Search only" and one for "Display only". Then your keywords will not compete. Don't create Search Network with Display select.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I Am not getting any option for "display only" .

sdfsf.jpg

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gurpreet s
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Gurpreet,

You can only change search with display select campaign to search network only, That is why you are not getting display network only campaign as an option. To create a display campaign, you need to create a new campaign.

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn