5.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Search Network Only and Search Network w/ Display

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would someone be willing to explain (simply) the way both of these advertisements reach the audience? I have read many different things that say "Search Network With Display" will reach the most customers but I also read that the ad will reach a smaller number of potential customers. I just need to know a simple difference between the two I guess. I realize it depends on what you're trying to advertise.

Re: Search Network Only and Search Network w/ Display

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Leaverage.

it all comes down to how you want to set up things, how much control you want, and how active you want to manager your account. I personally think the more you manage and set things up correctly for success. the better success you will encounter.

I like to have all my Search stuff in one campaign(s) that is just geared to search, and then one campaign(s) that is just geared to Display. That way i can manage and adjust budgets better and have a clearer picture of what is going on.

Search- obviously is ads that appear on a google search result page. It clearly shows someones intent when they search for XYZ and you display your Ad because your Product or Service can fulfill the need of that XYZ.

Display is a more passive approach in which your ads appear on other webpages that are approved to the google network, in forms of either banner Ads ( graphics) or text ads. Under certain circumstances many more people may see your display ads, but the the user intend it not clearly defined and where your ad shows on the website can vary. I think of Display as more of a Branding, Re marketing approach or laser targeting with Ad Placement on just a few websites I choose instead of potentially millions.

But i would advise breaking each down into their own individual campaigns. For example I might have 10 Search Only Campaigns and 3 Display Only campaigns in one account.

Hope that helps.

Re: Search Network Only and Search Network w/ Display

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That does help. Thank you.