Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Search Impression Share

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Guys!

I checked my Search Impression Share for my 2 websites. they're showing me on the TOP for both.

I feel, AdWords shows everyone in the TOP in their Account to make everyone happy Smiley Wink but it seems fake..

What you guys experienced?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Impression Share

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi PPC S,

I am not agree with your statement.
If you want to try whether it is to pervert or not just set your Max. CPC lowest and Make irrelevant ads or choose irrelevant Keywords and then check your impression share.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Re: Search Impression Share

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hello, please make sure that your correctly understand what is Impression share (IS) and why you should check this metric.

Impression share is the number of impressions you've received divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive.

It will be usefull if you want to understand how much additional traffic you can get from your campaign/keyword/ad.group.

So if impression share of Campaign A is 50% in past 7 days and you got 140 impressions, it means that you were eligible to get twice more - 28o impressions. But you didn't get them due to low rank or budget. To understand what prevented your ads to be displayed add additional metrics - Impressions share lost due rank and Impressions share lost due budget.

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’