AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

(Search+Display+Src. partners) 1st choice for New Campaign, why?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

From all that I have learned from the forum, the first recommended choice of experts would be the "Search only network without Search partners" for a beginner.

Why isn't this option the first on the list when setting up a new Campaign ?

Is the current default choice to advertise everywhere the best advertiser experience or is it pushing us to overspending ? 

The same for the default choice for "Location targeting ( advanced)" it is search by intent which brings visits from any location as long as it has the City name in the search string and many from here recommend the second choice ( physical location).

Shouldn't the current first option in setting up a new campaign be actually the 3rd option ?

Feel free to throw stones if you feel that I am asking as a negative comment.

[Edit] For example how many new advertisers have you seen or met , that don't say " I have a limited budget, how do we make the most of it without overspending ? "

I think the position 1 from  a list of 3 is very important because just as the Top 3 Slots/positions for the Search Engine it is selected by the majority , especially because it is described as "Best opportunity...." [/Edit]

new-campaign-please-rearrange.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: (Search+Display+Src. partners) 1st choice for New Campaign, why?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
HI Adrian,

I've asked this question before on the forum. At least this is better than it was before.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
HI Adrian,

I've asked this question before on the forum. At least this is better than it was before.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I asked because while I was editing a presentation and when meeting this picture I had a hard time deciding whether to explain all campaign choices or not, whether to show the print-screen with the options or not.

The thing is that anyone can ask "why do you recommend the Search campaign when Google says the first choice is the best? ". I guess I'll just skip the image part.

[The issue that remains is that a client will be given at least read-only access and they can have such questions after they explore the interface on their own ]