AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Search Campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I am quite new to Adwords just at the beginning level and trying to understand and figure out as to what works best for our new business which is a B2B model.

Please help me out as to what are the key indicators for an Adwords campaign to identify and optimize it for the best ad performance in order to drive more leads to the website? For example, is it CTR, Quality Score, Clicks or CPC to focus and optimize for any search campaign in Adwords? What is the basic criteria to review and optimize a search campaign in Adwords?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Campaign

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Vijaylakshmi,
Before you can determine what to look at for key indicators, you need to first determine what your goal is. Are you driving online sales, or visits to your website?

Check out this article that helps you go over different metrics to focus on based on your goals: https://support.google.com/partners/answer/6172653?hl=en

Kathleen

Re: Search Campaign

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Vijaylakshmi K |

As Kathleen pointed out, it is wise to set clear goals for exactly what you want to achieve from your Adwords strategy. You will find your KPI's will then always tie back to these goals.

As you are quite new I recommend reviewing some of the basic principles of adwords. You can find the help centre here https://support.google.com/adwords/?hl=en#topic=3119071

This will walk you through the basic aspects of setting up an account and key performance indicators. With all that said, if you clearly define some pre campaign goals, you may judge all KPI's in their effect in achieving such goals. For example, you want to raise awareness of your products, you may be interested to see an impression report and number of unique visitors (by linking Google Analytics). If your objective is to receive x% ROI than you may set a ROAS bidding strategy. May sound complicated now, but you will soon get the hang of it and the community is at hand to help

Kindest

James