AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Saved keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I just spent a few hours researching keywords in the keyword tool. They were saved in 'My keyword ideas' and now they have disappeared? Have I lost all that research? Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Saved keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nero,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I am afraid if you move out of the keyword tool interface into your regular Campaigns screen without saving the keywords under "My Keyword ideas", you will lose them. Hence it's better to save the keyword ideas side by side by downloading them, so that you don't end up doing the research again.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Pankaj for taking the time to help me, thats very kind. I will download it in future that's for sure! Its misleading though isn't it? Above 'Keywords Ideas' it says: 'Saved ideas' which gave me the number of keyword ideas I had 'saved.' Thus I assumed they were saved. Had no idea I had to download them as well! I wonder if this is a common problem. Thats my morning wasted. Grrrrrr thanks alot google! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same things happened with me. It is misleading! I thought mine were saved too. And lost all my research! Smiley Sad

It's very silly to call them 'saved ideas' and actually not save them!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Booooo Google, 3 hours down the drain.  Too bad I won't get paid for my hard work either, cause I dont have the heart to charge my client for this.  Like all of Google other page locks, there should definitely be one for this.  I clicked the misleading links on the page and boom. 3 hours gone.  I'd rather pay for a premium tool than to have my time wasted.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's really poor user experience design. At the very least, call it Keyword Idea Shortlist and highlight the download button in green or something. Better yet, put a big SAVE button right underneath the Keyword Idea Shortlist and have a popover explaining that you need to download to save.