AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Same keywords in different Campaigns showing different cpc?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am service provider in about 16 different cities.  I started adwords with one campaign, stuff in 5 keywords related to my business and added the locations.  Estimated cpc for my keywords is about $1.50.  I ran the campaign for few months and now decided to categorize different cities in different campaigns.

So I created 4 different campaigns with about 4 cities in each, have same keywords as before in each campaign and same ad and same final URL. 

The estimated cpc in new campaigns is now about $4-5 approx in each.  Any insights why is this happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ali H
July 2016

Re: Same keywords in different Campaigns showing different cpc?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Ali,

You have optimized your previous campaign and previous campaign performance history(Good CTR, Better Avg. Position with lesser bid, Keywords Quality Score was Good etc.) was good that's why your campaign Avg. CPC $1.50.

Your new 4 campaign has no performance history that's why you are getting your Avg. CPC high so I will recommend run for a week and optimize your campaigns in terms of the following

Increase/decrease bid according to performance
Pause non performing keywords
Pause non performing text ads and create more rellevant new text ads which improve rellevancy between keywords and text ads
Filter non relevant Search terms
adjust bid on device according to performance
schedule you ads according to hour of day report

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ali H
July 2016

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Ali,

You have optimized your previous campaign and previous campaign performance history(Good CTR, Better Avg. Position with lesser bid, Keywords Quality Score was Good etc.) was good that's why your campaign Avg. CPC $1.50.

Your new 4 campaign has no performance history that's why you are getting your Avg. CPC high so I will recommend run for a week and optimize your campaigns in terms of the following

Increase/decrease bid according to performance
Pause non performing keywords
Pause non performing text ads and create more rellevant new text ads which improve rellevancy between keywords and text ads
Filter non relevant Search terms
adjust bid on device according to performance
schedule you ads according to hour of day report

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Anand for the info