AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Same keyword is showing two ads in search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am running 4 campaigns of real estate sector. Each has its different domain but the targeting approach is same (for ex: Targeting to buy home in specific region). Now, if i search a keyword in google then two different text ads of different camapaign are showing in search results by typing that keyword.

My question is; if two ads are showing in search results by same keyword then is it not an issue of clashing ads? Also will my cost be effect by this issue?

Pls help, i have some other questions as well! 

Thanks in Advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Same keyword is showing two ads in search results

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Manoj,

As per my experience, That must not be happen.
Can you share your screenshot of this? So we can analyse it....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Kandarp!

thanks for your quick reply. can u pls provide ur mail id, (or skype id) where i can chat with u regarding this issue?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Manoj It's not allowed here to share Contact Details Here.
Sorry for that.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi

In a scenario like this Adword takes following steps to decide which keyword to be displayed. ( Multiple keywords within multiple ad groups are similar to the search term)

AdWords system uses a set of preferences to determine which of your keywords to use. The preferences rank approximately in the following order:

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I was on a phone call and @Nisal L was ahead of me:

Since you are targeting the same Geo-region,  and per the "double serving" only one ad per account will be shown on  the SERP, the  keywords (from the different campaigns) will compete

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
@MosheTLV It happened Many times with me also. @Nisal L is always desperate to give answers Smiley Happy. Keep Sharing.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
I'll take it as a compliment Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Nisal!

but i think there were a problem with my negative keywords. I wanted to do a simple thing that is to avoid other ads on same keyword in SERP. Now, what i did - I mentioned few words in Negative Keywords section. Hence, those ads were not showing in SERP by searching with specific keyword. Only particular campaign ad was showing there.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Can you please share a screen shot Please?