Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Same keyword is showing two ads in search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am running 4 campaigns of real estate sector. Each has its different domain but the targeting approach is same (for ex: Targeting to buy home in specific region). Now, if i search a keyword in google then two different text ads of different camapaign are showing in search results by typing that keyword.

My question is; if two ads are showing in search results by same keyword then is it not an issue of clashing ads? Also will my cost be effect by this issue?

Pls help, i have some other questions as well! 

Thanks in Advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Same keyword is showing two ads in search results

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Manoj,

As per my experience, That must not be happen.
Can you share your screenshot of this? So we can analyse it....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Kandarp!

thanks for your quick reply. can u pls provide ur mail id, (or skype id) where i can chat with u regarding this issue?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Manoj It's not allowed here to share Contact Details Here.
Sorry for that.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi

In a scenario like this Adword takes following steps to decide which keyword to be displayed. ( Multiple keywords within multiple ad groups are similar to the search term)

AdWords system uses a set of preferences to determine which of your keywords to use. The preferences rank approximately in the following order:

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I was on a phone call and @Nisal L was ahead of me:

Since you are targeting the same Geo-region,  and per the "double serving" only one ad per account will be shown on  the SERP, the  keywords (from the different campaigns) will compete

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
@MosheTLV It happened Many times with me also. @Nisal L is always desperate to give answers Smiley Happy. Keep Sharing.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
I'll take it as a compliment Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Nisal!

but i think there were a problem with my negative keywords. I wanted to do a simple thing that is to avoid other ads on same keyword in SERP. Now, what i did - I mentioned few words in Negative Keywords section. Hence, those ads were not showing in SERP by searching with specific keyword. Only particular campaign ad was showing there.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Can you please share a screen shot Please?