AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Same keyword in different campaigns? AND Can multiple ads be shown?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone. I have two questions regarding google adwords.

#1 - We have two different ads (going to different links) using the word laser cutting. When someone types in laser cutting do they see both of our ads at the same time? Does google show both of our ads on one page?

#2 How does google adwords decide which of our laser cutting keyword ads to show?

Thank you for looking.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Same keyword in different campaigns? AND Can multiple ads be shown

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Trumpf. Only one keyword will be chosen and the decision process is explained here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

Ideally though, one search term should only match one keyword, otherwise you may lose control of your ads (since a keyword belongs to an ad group which will serve the ad associated to it).
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Trumpf. Only one keyword will be chosen and the decision process is explained here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

Ideally though, one search term should only match one keyword, otherwise you may lose control of your ads (since a keyword belongs to an ad group which will serve the ad associated to it).
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your response Calin!