AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Running ads using call extensions and not website click ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to just run ads using call extensions and not website click ads? We are finding that our customers prefer to call rather then interact online due to the technical nature of our business. A search ad campaign that would allow users to find our company but then call would be more valuable to us then a website pay per click campaign. We would rather pay for the calls. I do have call extensions enabled but I'm not really sure how it works. We would like our company name and phone number to appear using keyword search terms on desktop, tablet and mobile devices and pay when people call. Please let me know how to set that up.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Running ads using call extensions and not website click ads

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Vinay N

Thanks for posting! 

In terms of only having your customers being able to call you rather than click on your ads, the only way you could do this would be to run a campaign with call extensions and change your call extension settings to allow users to click on "Just the Phone Number" rather than "Both My website and the Phone Number". This would mean that when your ad showed on mobile phones your customers would only be able to click on your number and call you, rather than click onto your website too. 

However, when your ad from this campaign showed on desktops the user would still be able to click on your ad and go through to your website. There isn't a way to have a campaign run on a desktop where the user cannot click on the ad and go through to the website I'm afraid. 

Hope this helps a little. 

A.