Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Review extension was approved, now disapproved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have a reivew extension that was approved and performing well, with quite a few impressions and a great click through over the past few months. It now shows as disapproved. The article is from April 2014, and talking about fall 2014 products, so it should still be current. 

How can I find out why it was disapproved? Is it common for an item to go through repeated review, or do they automatically expire after a period of time?

--Jeff

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Review extension was approved, now disapproved

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jeff,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

May be the source URL you gave when you created the review extension does not work any more or the page was down. However, if you see everything is fine then please contact the AdWords Phone Team or the Chat Team and get that reviewed again.

If it is very urgent, then ask the AdWords Support Team to expedite the review and they ll do that.

Hope this Helps.
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Re: Review extension was approved, now disapproved

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Jeff,

Yes, every ad copy, ad text and image ads go through repeated reviews (at random intervals) by AdWords. It is not uncommon for some ad copies or extensions to be disapproved if there has been a change in policies from Google.

If your review extension has been disapproved, it has to be because your destination URL is no longer valid or not functioning at the moment. Do give it a check and submit the extension for a review.

Here is another link that may help you on this: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704420#sitelinks

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"