AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Retargeting: desktop-campaign for mobile remarketing list?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible in adwords to run desktop targeting campaign to users from mobile remarketing list?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Retargeting: desktop-campaign for mobile remarketing list?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

If the remarketing cookie has been created on a mobile browser, the following visits will be recorded only in that mobile browser too, so you will see no desktop visits if you know that your visitors are from a mobile source.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Adrian

So , There is no way to target the mobile user through desktop ads right ? .

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In my opinion : no

The remarketing does not target people, it targets cookies saved in a browser.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Adrian .

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello;

I disagree with Adrain (if I correctly understood the question):  Re-marketing tag is added to any user visited your site regardless the platform;

>>"The remarketing tag works for visitors who come to your site using a desktop computer or a mobile device. You don't need to create a separate tag or list for mobile visitors to your site" 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476688?hl=en;

Edited: However; Google does not share re-marketing cookies across devices (for the meantime....); 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

From his question "to users from mobile remarketing list?"

I assumed that he created a rule for a special mobile audience . For example a RULE if URL is  "m.website.com" , those visitors are "mobile" if he/she made the correct redirection using the Value Track parameter "ifmobile" for that landing page.

The mobile audience is made of cookies stored only in mobile browsers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe

I have both mobile site and desktop version of site .

In both version of sites i have nearly 20 form fields to complete my conversion . In Desktop its good to fill the all fields but in mobile devices most of the user leaving from 2nd page or 1st page itself , so i have retarget that users via desktop ads to complete the registration .

Kindly give me your valuable suggestion .

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
I think we are confusing the issues here.

A person visits the site on their mobile.

A remarketing cookie is placed on the mobile device... it cannot be placed anywhere else.

The same person then goes on to their desktop when they get home... there is no cookie on the desktop.

Thus Google cannot place a remarketing ad on the desktop for that visitor unless they visit the site again through another source.

So there is no way to target someone on their desktop through remarketing if they have only previously visited the site on their mobile.

I think that is what the OP is asking.....

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If the remarketing code could track cross-browser behaviour of users while they are logged in the google account,  It would only solve the problem of a fraction of the users.

In the future we will certainly see also cross-browser conversions.