2.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Restricted by Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When doing a keyword diagnosis for certain adgroups within my camapaigns I have started noticing that some of them are telling me that they are "Restricted by Targeting". An example would be "basement finishing". I double checked all of my locations and the targeting is accurate. There are no geo specific keywords or ad copy. I also thought that perhaps my bids were set way too low but that does not seem to be the case as my bids are above the estimated first page bid.

Anyone have any ideas?

I will also add that my impression share (for this specific example) is at around 50% so I am getting traffic.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve15-s
September 2015

Re: Restricted by Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I realize now that it seems to be a bug when using radius in the test conditions. When i changed the test location to a city It is telling me my ads are showing.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Usually this is due to geo targeting limitations. This thread may help? https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Restricted-by-targeting/td-p/27587

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That thread seems to be dedicated to location specific keywords while my keywords are not.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve15-s
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I realize now that it seems to be a bug when using radius in the test conditions. When i changed the test location to a city It is telling me my ads are showing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Steve - just curious:
You believe this is a "bug", are you then assuming that if the ad is showing based on city then it must be displaying when you're targeting a radius around said city?
I'm have similar results with recent keyword diagnostic reports, hence my curiosity.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry for the delayed response. I believe i was able to confirm with my rep that there is an issue with the keyword diagnosis when testing with a radius. I am pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with where your ads are actually being served.