Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Responsible Gambling Statements for Google Certification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My Google-fu has failed me tonight. I am working with a site that promotes bonus codes for online gambling and thus must have Google certification to use adwords. The site is global, so I need to update it with country-specific responsible gambling statement per Google's requirements. At one point, I believe Google suggested links that such properties could use in these statements.

Can anyone point me in that direction? A similar resource that is current would also be fine.

Thanks,

K

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Kelly K,

Everything you should need will be listed here regarding Gambling industry and AdWords. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, James. This page clearly outlines that we need to

"Clearly display information on your landing page about responsible gambling."

What I am looking for is the country-specific information for what should be included in that section. (It isn't sufficient to provide a UK resource for Finnish visitors, for example.) 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Kelly,

There is a "Country restrictions" section on the help page referenced above where you can find the countries in question. In addition, you can also find country specific information here:

***   Legal requirements   ***

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6023676?hl=en

As a rule of thumb you may think this way: everything related to or associated with gambling or gambling info is prohibited unless you can find specific provisions that allow for a specific action. Hence if you cannot find info on something, that's because it is banned.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the additional link to more country-specific restrictions; I did not have that particular one in my growing repertoire!

I would only be applying for certification in the countries that do allow online gambling and do allow the advertising of services related to it. (The site I am working with does not, of course, do business with individuals with countries that do not allow online gambling or advertising of services.) So their target list lines up neatly with Google's allowed list.

To be approved for certification, Google requires that a safe gambling statement be present on the homepage of the site. I have apparently lost my mind (completely possible) because I recall seeing a list of recommended links by country to be listed in such a statement within this Google documentation. (I also recall being surprised at how specific and prescriptive it was....so unlike nearly everything else in documentation.) 

Thanks, everyone, for trying to help. I may be better off chalking this up to being crazypants and building such a list from scratch. 

Best,

K

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Kelly K

@Kelly K

I think there  is a confusion and a misunderstanding here.

You can apply for a  Google's certificate once you comply with all regulatory requirements within a specific country.

If there is no exemption / exclusion in a specific country - the general rule applies:  promotion of gambling is prohibited 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Responsible Gambling Statements for Google Certification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I understand. My inquiry is relative to the countries listed with the detail you describe. What these countries have in common is that Google requires any web property that wants to advertise gambling or gambling relating things to have (a) an 18+ warning and (b) a responsible gambler statement. Such statements typically direct to a localized link of resources. I am seeking the Google-approved list of those resources.