AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Reseting the mobile bid adj. from ad groups to campaign bid adj.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

In a campaign with around 150 ad groups I noticed some high cost clicks on the mobile segment even if I have set the "campaign level mobile bid adjustment to minus 90%" . By clicking on Settings/Device, then on each ad group ,

I was able to visualize the "mobile bid adjustment at the ad group level" which was for some reason set manually for some ad groups to 0% and it wasn't inheriting the bid adjustment I was setting at the campaign level.

I am stuck at searching an option to reset "mobile bid adjustments at the ad group level" to the single setting found at the campaign level.

Is there such an option , or am I forced to check each ad group for manual "mobile bid adjustments" every time I want to change these adjustments for all ad groups, because some ad groups have manual adjustments ?

Why I am asking ? Because when we set "custom bid adjustments" for placements for example we are allowed to revert to "default bid adjusments", and this gives me hope of a similar setting for "mobile bid adjustments" at the ad group level.

Thank you

Re: Reseting the mobile bid adj. from ad groups to campaign bid adj.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adrian,

I recommend downloading AdWords Editor. On the Ad Groups tab, you can update the mobile bid adjustment. You can select multiple ad groups by holding down CTRL (command if you are on a Mac, I believe) so that you can change multiples at once. Or, you can make each of them separate, however you prefer!

Hope this helps!

Best,
Amy Bishop, Clix Marketing

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, I know how to use the editor. Perhaps I have expressed my issue in a wrong manner.

What I wanted to know was if there is a way to reset the "custom mobile bid adjustment at the ad group level" to the "default mobile bid adjustment at the campaign level" , to change up or down the bid adjustment only at the campaign level from the online interface. 

Currently it looks to me as if : once I set a "mobile bid adjustment at the ad group level" that percentage cannot be reset back to inherit the campaign percentage for mobile adjustment.

I don't want to load up the editor every time I need to change mobile bid adjustments for all ad groups, i am a fan of the online interface  Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Oh, I see! Apologies, I misunderstood. If you want to revert an ad group back to the campaign level mobile modifier, just delete the ad group level modifier. Leave it completely blank. It will then use the campaign modifier again, instead.

Hope this helps!
Amy

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Cool, it worked, thank you very much, I was not aware of this setting.

Delete and Save, so simple Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No problem! Happy to help - sorry I misunderstood the first time around!