AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Replacing an existing campaign with a draft campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My adwords account has been running a campaign that is no longer valid (in terms of keywords and ads). I created a draft campaign with the correct ads and keywords. I want to now replace my existing campaign with this draft version. How do I do that? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nidhi G
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nidhi,

Firstly, If you are replacing all keywords and ads in your campaign. Why don't you create a new campaign altogether?

From Drafts, you can click apply and choose update your original campaign.

Let me know if I misunderstood your query.

Thanks

Neha

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nidhi G
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nidhi,

Firstly, If you are replacing all keywords and ads in your campaign. Why don't you create a new campaign altogether?

From Drafts, you can click apply and choose update your original campaign.

Let me know if I misunderstood your query.

Thanks

Neha

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neha, 

Thanks for your reply. For some reason when I clicked "update your original campaign" to my draft, the original campaign wasn't getting updated. In my frustration, I went ahead and created a new campaign altogether by creating the ads once again and entering the keywords. However, when I checked now even the original campaign now appears to be updated. Oh, well! Thanks for your reply anyways. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Glad it worked out for you at the end. Smiley Happy