Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Replacing an existing campaign with a draft campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My adwords account has been running a campaign that is no longer valid (in terms of keywords and ads). I created a draft campaign with the correct ads and keywords. I want to now replace my existing campaign with this draft version. How do I do that? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nidhi G
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nidhi,

Firstly, If you are replacing all keywords and ads in your campaign. Why don't you create a new campaign altogether?

From Drafts, you can click apply and choose update your original campaign.

Let me know if I misunderstood your query.

Thanks

Neha

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nidhi G
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nidhi,

Firstly, If you are replacing all keywords and ads in your campaign. Why don't you create a new campaign altogether?

From Drafts, you can click apply and choose update your original campaign.

Let me know if I misunderstood your query.

Thanks

Neha

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neha, 

Thanks for your reply. For some reason when I clicked "update your original campaign" to my draft, the original campaign wasn't getting updated. In my frustration, I went ahead and created a new campaign altogether by creating the ads once again and entering the keywords. However, when I checked now even the original campaign now appears to be updated. Oh, well! Thanks for your reply anyways. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Glad it worked out for you at the end. Smiley Happy