2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Removing bidding strategies from a removed Group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im trying to change my bid strategy to a standard one but adwords will not allow me to. The problem is that i need to delete a bid strategy that i created and is being used by deleted ad groups. 

How do i delete a bidding strategy from a removed/deleted ad group

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Removing bidding strategies from a removed Group

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
If the adgroup has been removed then you can not make any change within it.
Unfortunately you can not make this change.
Though if you want to use that adgroup again then download everything related to that adgroup and upload it again.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I want to a remove a bidding strategy that is being used by a deleted ad group. Because the ad group is deleted, i cant remove the bidding strategy. Because i cant remove the bidding strategy, i cant use a standard bidding strategy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can someone from google pls assist with this error "To Use This Strategy, Remove The Strategies Applied To Your Keywords" This is very frustrating

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
I'd suggest that you contact AdWords support by mail, phone (1-866-246-6453) or live chat as someone at AdWords support will be able to look into the exact cause of this for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you Terry

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi dheran s,

You can remove bidding strategies from Top to Bottom means you have to choose or go highest of the campaign.

You can follow the steps:
1.Click the Campaigns tab.
2.Click the Ad groups tab or Keywords tab.
3.Select the row that's using the strategy you'd like to change or remove.
4.Click the Bid strategy drop-down menu and select "Use default bid strategy."
5.Click the Settings tab for the campaign that's using the strategy you'd like to change or remove.
6.In the "Bid strategy," section, click Edit.

To remove a bid strategy, you'll need to switch to another strategy (either a different flexible bid strategy or one that isn't flexible). That's because your campaign needs to have a bid strategy & then click save.

Thanks
Ashwani Kumar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Ashwani

My problem is a bit complex, Ive done all that you mentioned but my error mesg stays. Google has contacted me thrice today and their representative is "stumped". He managed to get my ads running but the default ( Maximize Clicks ) doesnt work, I would prefer the default strategy to work though

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Dheran
Did you get this resolved in the end?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave

I never did, I paused the campaign and started a new one. Google's representative could not assist although he did try his best. Do you have a solution?