Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Removing Account Access to added Client

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am having a issue trying to figure out how to terminate access to a client that was added to the account. I read the Adwords FAQ on this and it says go to actions and click 'terminate access' however this option is only available on my own access (client manager). The user I added only has "Notification settings" under the actions tab like in this screen shot: http://prntscr.com/1h44ai

Anyway of doing this?

Thanks

Re: Removing Account Access to added Client

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adam,

Do you have Administrative Access to the account? It looks as though you may only have User Access from the screenshot (Under Access type it says User Interface and API rather than Administrator). If you can login with an Administrator account - or get your login upgraded to Admin, you will be able to remove the clients access. I'm not sure there's any other way to go about this unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

Sarah.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Sarah,

I should. Its a client account under my MCC account that I created. The email I am logged in with is the only email I have for any of these accounts. With this same account was where I added the clients email when adding him as a user. When I go to anything under my settings, none of it is clickable so I cant change any of the setting but to terminate access. But this login is the one that created this account and is also the admin of the whole MCC account this is under.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Adam,

Sorry, I misunderstood you there, just checked my MCC and I have the same thing for my client accounts that I've set up.

To be honest, I'm actually struggling with how to remove access. I have the same problem - It only says Notification Settings, not Terminate Access. I'll try doing some more research and if I come up with anything, I'll let you know Smiley Happy Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Sarah,

No you're being of great help as I know it's probably not a glitch in my account. I have searched as well but couldn't come up with anything other than Adwords FAQ but if you look closely at there screenshot they provide it also shows them showing terminate access on the client managers (like us) tab.

Thanks again!

Adam

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Adam,

So I have a contact at Google and I asked him this question. He said that it was weird we couldn't remove access from the MCC but that someone from Google would be able to do this for you. So I think you may just have to call Google and get them to do it from their end which is a bit of a pain. You can find the right phone number for your location here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067

All the best Smiley Happy

Sarah.