2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remove myself from AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am trying to setup an AdWords account to use with a couple team members and we are having trouble getting our accounts added in. I set up the account and sent out invitations, everything seemed to be easy enough. Except it isn't, when my members accepted their invitations, they were given their own separate AdWords accounts and now they can't join mine. I see this has been a topic before and used this article as a guide: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/Delete-Adwords-account/td-p/181566#

Right now I am following petebardo's advice from the front page:

Hi Nathan,

You'll need to remove your email address from your own account before you can associate it with another account. It's a multi-step process.

1. Get a throwaway email address from gmail (or anywhere).
2. Log into your personal account.
3. Send invitation to the new email address.
4. Log out completely from all Google properties.
5. Click on the link in the email (the new address)
6. Select "I already have an account" and continue.
7. This adds the new address to your account.
8. Log out
9. Log back in with the old address.
10. Confirm the addition and promote new user to admin
11. Log out completely.
12. Log in with the new address.
13. Remove your old address from the account
14. Log out completely
15. Proceed to accept invitation to the new account. (Select "I already have an account")

Best of Luck!

Pete

The part that I'm stuck at is step 6. Every time I try to add my new account I just receive the error message "The page you requested is invalid." and a picture of the saddest robot appears. I've tried this for a couple of days now and I still receive the exact message. As a brand new AdWords user, this is fairly off-putting. Any help or advice would be appreciated, thank you :]

Re: Remove myself from AdWords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sam,

The first thing that comes to mind is the invite email is old. Perhaps try resending the invites and using the new email as your entry point.

Let me know if that helps