AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remove Admin User - removed account but still getting emails.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have removed a previous admin account and it doesn't show up uder users or notification email addresses. However, whenever we recieve email alerts he is cc'd. Is there anyway to remove this user?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Remove Admin User - removed account but still getting emails.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi cbaileyau,

You can contact AdWords support, stating the particular e-mail in question and they can easily do a check if the e-mail is still in the account and remove it. There might be a separate contact e-mail used for billing updates like credit card declined: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?display=categories

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI Cbaileyau,

Did you check MY ACCOUNT > NOTIFICATION SETTINGS and see if the user is still listed there?  Notifications and User Access are not always linked.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did. It's not there.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Cbaileyau,

Do you have full administrative access with your login? Are you using an MCC account at all?

I've run into this before and found it a bit tricky as well. 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have full admin privlages.

Not sure about the MCC account. He was the one that originally set up the account and has since left the company. Can i just export everything to a new account?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hmm...This is strange...I'll have to see if I can do some digging around to find a solution to this.

Can i just export everything to a new account? - Not a good idea - You'll lose all of your history and if you're not careful, you could run into problems with multiple accounts for the same business.  That is a big no-no. 

Which reports are you referring to that this account is still being copied on?

-Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, thanks,

The most recent report delt with an expiring credit card on the account.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi cbaileyau,

You can contact AdWords support, stating the particular e-mail in question and they can easily do a check if the e-mail is still in the account and remove it. There might be a separate contact e-mail used for billing updates like credit card declined: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?display=categories