AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing tag slows page load in Internet Explorer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I added the Remarketing tag to my website, the page load time increased dramatically in Internet Explorer and even crashes my site in that browser.  The site still loads fine in Chrome and Firefox but over 50% of our visitors use I.E.  We only have the tag installed on a test page right now while we're troubleshooting. Has anyone had this same experience or can anyone offer advise on how to fix this issue?  Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing tag slows page load in Internet Explorer

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Rick

One thing you might want to think about trying is Google Tag Manager. If you have more than one tag on your website, the Google Tag Manager can simplify this so you only have to use one tag to get the same fucntionality with Analytics, Remarketing, Conversion Tracking etc. As you would only be using one Tag with the Tag Manager, this might make the load time a little faster on your site.

This link here explains Tag Manager in more detail if you're interested in this. You might want to try testing it on a few pages before rolling out to the rest of your site if you decide to give it a go.

Hope this helps! Has anyone else on the Community used the Tag Manager and have any tips or advice here?

A. 

Re: Remarketing tag slows page load in Internet Explorer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Alys.  We've looked into Tag Manager because we've seen it come up in searches related to this issue but we haven't tried to implement it yet.  I'd be interested to hear if anyone in the Community has direct experience with that product.

Thanks again!