Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing tag for test account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello evryone,

I was wondering is remarketing tag is available under the test account ? I have placed it some time ago on the test web ( simple html web) just for test purposes. It's almost 12h i can see that my tag is unavailable: "We haven't detected the AdWords tag on your website or in your app" message in shared library dir. (i checked it with chrome ext. "Google tag assistant" seems it's is visible).

Another question is if i can use that tag, can i check if audience list wich connected with this tag is being populated ? For example, i will go on my test web with this re marketing tag so i would be tracked and join that re marketing list Or i must to collect at least 100 visitors to see that list is being updated or something like that ?

Best regards.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author profitoIT p
October 2016

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm not sure what you mean by "under the test account". In my experience the remarketing tag can take 24-48 hours to show as working within the system. If your tag is applied, and you receive enough traffic, your all users audience will automatically populate.

Hope that helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok, I understand.

G H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
G H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

A remarketing list of one hundred people must exist in your list before the system will start tracking the suspect. Then, all your audience will see the remarketing ad. This applies to static or dynamic remarketing.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One small detail: Remarketing lists for the GDN are minimum 100 visitors within the last 30 days but for GSN are minimum of 1,000 visitors