Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing tag and conversion tracking on a second account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am kind of new to adwords and I hope you can help me with my problem.

So we have a client who owns multiple websites. They used to manage all their online campaigns from the same account but the websites are very different, some were online stores and some were content based, so  we decided to create new adwords accounts for all of his websites and then we linked them to an mcc. The client already made the remarketing tag and conversion tracking set up for all his websites on the old and single account, my question is what do i have to do to properly set up remarketing and conversion tracking now, for every website on every account? This can be done from the mcc? And also, will I be able to manage all the remarketing lists from the mcc?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lina P
September 2015

Re: Remarketing tag and conversion tracking on a second account

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

All tracking codes will have be taken from the individual accounts (that's AdWords tracking and Remarketing codes) and placed on the corresponding websites. The MCC is only there for easy-access to multiple accounts and other benefits such as easier billing.

Also make sure each individual AdWords account is connected to the appropriate Google Analytics so you have AdWords data reporting correctly.

Hope that helps.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lina,

Welcome!

Kushtrim answer is correct. Smiley Happy
I just elaborate this one.
e.g. Suppose you have 3 adwords account, go to individual adwords account then create remarketing tag and conversion tracking code. Add re-marketing code on your landing pages before closing of body tage </body> and add conversion tracking code after your goal is complete like after signup page ie. on thankyou page before closing of body tag </body>. Doing same process for each adwords account.

Thanks,
Tushar

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lina

Since you have decided to have a MCC for you, so you have option to add a MCC cross account conversion tracking which will help you to track conversion for the all the linked Adwords account from a single code.

Please go through this Adwords Help for more info-:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3030657?hl=en

As far as for the re-marketing part, as per my knowledge you need to create separate re-marketing tags from each individual account for its respective website and need to add them in order to have cookies data starts coming to Adwords.

My inputs!

Abhishek

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Abhishek! Thanks for the update. Smiley Happy you suggested method is also working well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

For one website (example.com), I have created two accounts, different targeting locations and managing by different agency.

Two adwords conversion tracking codes, so implemented cross account conversion tracking at MCC level.

What about remarekting tags? We have two accounts, and each have its own remarketing tags. Do I need to place two remarketing codes, how this will work out?