Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Remarketing on Display network - what is better to use. CPC or CPM

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
It depend on what you expecting through display campaigns, Usually in a remarketing campaign you getting quite lot of impressions when you compared with clicks, I normally use CPC in remarketing campaigns. You will notice very low CTR in this but its usual in this case

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Teroi,

CPM Bidding is used for branding campaign, but CPC is used for direct results oriented.
And Remarketing is the process of targeting the same users who have previously visited on your site. Means target the users, who did not convert. So your goal is Direct response, so in this case, CPC is Good.

Please read the below article for more info.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476691?hl=en
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author teroi d
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I agree with Rakesh.

You should also implement different bidding strategies for different lists (if you have different lists). For example you should bid higher to target the people in the ‘abandoned shopping cart’ remarketing list than someone who left you site just after visiting the home page.

My 2 cents

Deepak

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
It depend on what you expecting through display campaigns, Usually in a remarketing campaign you getting quite lot of impressions when you compared with clicks, I normally use CPC in remarketing campaigns. You will notice very low CTR in this but its usual in this case
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Teroi,

CPM Bidding is used for branding campaign, but CPC is used for direct results oriented.
And Remarketing is the process of targeting the same users who have previously visited on your site. Means target the users, who did not convert. So your goal is Direct response, so in this case, CPC is Good.

Please read the below article for more info.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476691?hl=en
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh,

Im after Direct results/direct response. Using CPC, wouldn't this make it any more expensive?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author teroi d
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I agree with Rakesh.

You should also implement different bidding strategies for different lists (if you have different lists). For example you should bid higher to target the people in the ‘abandoned shopping cart’ remarketing list than someone who left you site just after visiting the home page.

My 2 cents

Deepak