Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing lists targeting, both search and display audience lists

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have set up audience for remarketing. There I have 2 lists, one from search campaigns and one from display campaigns. I created a remarketing content campaign, added the appropriate audience but my campaign seemingly targets only the display list (when i check the list size in the targeting within the adgroup, it's size is equal to the size of the display list size when I check it in the shared library). Why my campaign doesn't target both list? Or how can I set up to target both?

Thanks

BK

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing lists targeting, both search and display audience list

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

If I got you correctly the other list is used for targeting the RLSA campaign;

• "Different list sizes for different networks
  • "In the Shared library, you'll see two remarketing list sizes: one for Google Search and one for the Display Network. These sizes can be significantly different because there are two different types of cookies used to create these lists. In addition, some remarketing lists are available for both Google Search and the Display Network, while others are available for the Display Network only."

Read more;;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Moshe.
Actually I would like to target both lists with single, display campaign.

Also, I would like to know more detail about the cited very last sentence (begins with "In addition, some..."). How do I know when and how can/can not target list(s)? In my case both lists with a display campaign.
Any further info on this?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;
These are two types of campaigns: you can use the same list for the two campaigns, but these are separate ones.
The issue that Google tried to solve was how  to use a Remarketing list, used for the display network in  a search campaign. This list (somehow ) should serve different types of campaigns. The  solution Google  found was to use the shared library to link / share the same audience in two different (network) campaigns.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’