AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing list to exclude a certain page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm creating a remarketing list, and I kinda got confused in the process.

My goal is to target all visitors who browse through the website, but exclude all of those who have converted (reached the "Thank-you" page)

I have two options I'm thinking about. 

First one is to create a list with rules "URL does not equal: www.example.com/thank-you

Second one is to create a list with rules "URL contains: www.example.com" to target all who visit the site (this should target everybody as long as the URL contains above. And beneath it set a rule "URL does not equal: www.example.com/thank-you"

Now I did some overthinking and I'm not sure will the second conflict or will the first work. I'm leaning towards going with the first. 

Any suggestions?
thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marko D
June 2017

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Marko, in your situation I'd recommend using the "Visitors of a page who did not visit another page" option. That would probably be the most straightforward way to accomplish what you want.

Under "People who visited a page with any of the following" enter "example.com"

Under "But didn't visit another page with any of the following" enter "thank-you"

Let me know if you have any questions!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marko D
June 2017

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Marko, in your situation I'd recommend using the "Visitors of a page who did not visit another page" option. That would probably be the most straightforward way to accomplish what you want.

Under "People who visited a page with any of the following" enter "example.com"

Under "But didn't visit another page with any of the following" enter "thank-you"

Let me know if you have any questions!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I completely forgot about that! 

Thanks, worked like a charm!