2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing ecomm_prodid not valid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am setting up Dynamic Remarketing in AdWords.  Tags are all on the pages, but tag validation tells me ecomm_prodid is not valid even though I have taken the Google Product ID directly from Google Merchant Center.  We sell custom products and food items that do not have a MPN and therefore have set up Google Merchant Center with a custom field saying MPN does not exist.  I am wondering if this is why we can not get dynamic remarketing tags to work.  Our current Google Product ID are numbers such as 27  or 14 etc.   Anyone have any knowledge of this problem or why our tags are not firing? Product feeds to Google Merchant Center work fine and show up in google shopping search.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing ecomm_prodid not valid

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Al T L,

I'm getting some to help with your question.
Zee
G+

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Clain ( @AdWiser ) might also be able to help on this topic. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Al.

I think I found your website, and from what I see (using the tag assistant extension) the tags for a hooded sweatshirt are detected.

Can you look at your Merchant Center to see if the products are approved and ok? Are there no issues in the feed elsewhere?

Spoiler
(who's Clain, Moshe?) Smiley Happy
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Al, I think I found the issue. The tags are a mess, you're using the same ecomm_prodid on several pages. I found the same id '6'on two product pages (a hooded sweatshirt and a golf shirt) and they're supposed to be unique.

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?rd=1

(The identifier for each item has to be unique within your account, and cannot be re-used between feeds. If you have multiple feeds, ids of items within different feeds must still be unique. You can use any sequence of letters and digits for the item id.)

Please fix that and make sure that one ID is associated to one product only, and if you submit variations (colours and sizes), they also have unique IDs.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just spent a couple of hours with Google support for remarketing tags. The conclusion was that the tags are correct, but for some reason the ecomm_proid is not being recognized and validated by the remartketing/Merchant Center. So the next step is that I have contacted my rep and asked to set up a support call with the Merchant Center to make sure the PID are set up correct or are linked properly with ADwords. The Merchant Center validates that it is linked to Adwords. But who knows.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hello again, Al.

The Merchant Center account most likely is linked to AdWords. But what you will find once in there is that several products have the same ID. And that is not ok and it cannot work like that.

Try to use unique IDs per product both in the ecomm_proid and in the Merchant Center feed ID and it should work just fine.

With the same ID for all products in the feed (if they are the same, namely "6" in the feed as well) I bet your product listing ads aren't working either (if you did set up a PLA campaign).

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply.

I just checked our Merchant Center Data Feed and there are no duplicate Product IDs. I just checked the Merchant Center product data, the Merchant center has the correct product ID number from our feed.

We have been using Merchant Center with adwords since the beginning and the products are displaying in Google shopping search, and we are being billed for Merchant Center clicks.

For some reason, the remarketing code on our website is not firing as it appears it can not validate the ecomm_prodid value, even whenthe value is hard coded on our web site product page. We tried with and without quotes -single and double -- around the value and the problem remains.

Our Product ID does include a hash sign, i.e.   PID#54

Could it be that the remarketing tag won't fire because it can't parse the hash sign?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
HI
Can you post URl where you are using smart pixel?
Regards
Nik
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Here you are. This page has a hard coded tag that was viewed by Google Remarketing support and the support person said it was coded correctly. But the ecomm_prodid still can not be validated.

http://www.lobsters-online.com/