AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing doesn't get any impressions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi There!

My remarketing campaign isn't getting any impressions.

It is targeted only on display network and the list has more than 100 people in it.

Google targeting itself says that there are not enough people in the list. On internet I found that there should be 100 people in the list, which the list has.

Anyone who can help me with this?

Kind Regards.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wooms N
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

As you are already aware, your remarketing list needs to have at least 100 people on it to qualify for display advertising.

Assuming all other things are in place, such as you have your payment method active and the campaign and ads are all approved then you are down to a couple of things to check...

First, make sure that you have no other factors that can limit your audience - such as geo targeting, for example. If you limit your remarketing campaign to people in Ireland - but most of your visitors are from France, then you will be excluding them directly.

Assuming that everything else is correct and in place, then if you are not getting impressions then it is most likely to be that your bid is too low.

Sometimes I have seen display campaigns (not just remarketing) need a "kick start"  by hiking the budget up significantly. Try a much higher bid and see if that triggers impressions - usually, once the flow starts, you can drop then drop the bids to a more reasonable level and they will continue to trigger. I can't explain this - it just seems to be that the system needs to be poked and told - hey, there¡s a campaign here ready to run!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wooms N
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

As you are already aware, your remarketing list needs to have at least 100 people on it to qualify for display advertising.

Assuming all other things are in place, such as you have your payment method active and the campaign and ads are all approved then you are down to a couple of things to check...

First, make sure that you have no other factors that can limit your audience - such as geo targeting, for example. If you limit your remarketing campaign to people in Ireland - but most of your visitors are from France, then you will be excluding them directly.

Assuming that everything else is correct and in place, then if you are not getting impressions then it is most likely to be that your bid is too low.

Sometimes I have seen display campaigns (not just remarketing) need a "kick start"  by hiking the budget up significantly. Try a much higher bid and see if that triggers impressions - usually, once the flow starts, you can drop then drop the bids to a more reasonable level and they will continue to trigger. I can't explain this - it just seems to be that the system needs to be poked and told - hey, there¡s a campaign here ready to run!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your answer.

The people in the list are visitors via adwords (targeted only in the netherlands). So that should be enough? there are 140-170 people in the list. 

The bid is on 5 euros, I think this is high enough.

All other things are in place.

Is there something else that I have to take in consideration?

Kind regards

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Check to see that the ads are approved and not under review.  If they are approved, then I agree with Steve.  Hike those bids up a bit.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Shanee,

The ads are approved and the bid is 5 euro/click.

I can't seem to wrap my head around it. Is there something else I have to keep in mind?

Kind regards

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

There are some markets where 5 euros/click will not trigger display of your ad.  Are you checking the Est First Page bid column?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Steve,

5 euros is enough for this market (the text ads have an average cpc of 2-3 euro/click).

Adwords says there is a critical problem: target audience is not big enough. Even though the list contains 140-170 people.

Kind regards

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Are you targeting remarketing lists for search ads? RLSA as these need 1,000 on the lists....?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Target is for display network only.

Kind regards