AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing campaign (tag and audiences tab)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've created a campaign only for remarketing (Display Network only - Remarketing) however I can get the ramarketing tag and I'm unable to get the Audiences tab on the top menu. Do I'm doing something wrong?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Perfil G
September 2015

Re: Remarketing campaign (tag and audiences tab)

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Perfil,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. Please confirm that you have followed the steps on the following link on how to setup a Remarketing for your website: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064

I'm also including the steps in this post:

1. Click the Shared library link in the navigation bar, below your list of campaigns.
    "Shared library" link
  2. Click the View link in the "Audiences" section.
  3. Click the + Remarketing list button.
  4. Enter a descriptive remarketing list name.
  5. Choose who you want to add to your list. There are several ways to define who to add to your remarketing list. The simplest of them, explained in this section, selects people who have visited a specific page of your website to be added to your list. Here's how to create this type of list:
    1. In the "Who to add to your list" section, make sure the "Visitors of a page" template is selected.
    2. In the text box, type the URL of the page or section you want to create the list for.
    3. Either finish typing the value and press Enter or select one of the suggested options to define your list.

Keep in mind: When you enter a value, for example a URL, into the text box to define your rule, and then select "URL contains" in the drop-down menu, you indicate that the URL of the section you're creating the list for contains the part of the URL that you entered, but doesn't have to be equal to what you typed.

Example

If your entire site has a remarketing tag, and you enter "electronics" when you create your list, people who visited any of your webpages with "electronics" in the URL will be added to the list. This will happen regardless of where in the URL the term appears; for example, visitors to http://electronics.example.com/ and to http://www.example.com/electronics.html would be added to the list.

Create a remarketing list
  6. Enter the membership duration for your list (the default is 30 days). This indicates for how long you want the visitor's cookie to stay on your list. We recommend choosing a duration related to the length of time you expect your ad to be relevant for the visitor. For more details, read the "More about membership duration" section below.
  7. If you already have a remarketing tag on your site, leave the "Include past visitors that match these rules" checkbox selected to include recent site visitors who match these rules in your list. Which visitors are eligible also depends on the membership duration you choose and is capped at 30 days. This works for the Display Network only (and doesn't apply to remarketing lists for search ads).
  8. Click Save.

If you haven't already pasted the remarketing tag on your site, you'll need to copy the tag and paste it on your site. As people visit your site, their cookie IDs will get added to your remarketing list. If you have older remarketing tags on your site, you can still use them, but we recommend implementing the new tag.

Please let me know if this helped resolve your issue with creating Remarketing tags for your Campaign (Displa Network Only). 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Perfil G
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Perfil,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. Please confirm that you have followed the steps on the following link on how to setup a Remarketing for your website: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064

I'm also including the steps in this post:

1. Click the Shared library link in the navigation bar, below your list of campaigns.
    "Shared library" link
  2. Click the View link in the "Audiences" section.
  3. Click the + Remarketing list button.
  4. Enter a descriptive remarketing list name.
  5. Choose who you want to add to your list. There are several ways to define who to add to your remarketing list. The simplest of them, explained in this section, selects people who have visited a specific page of your website to be added to your list. Here's how to create this type of list:
    1. In the "Who to add to your list" section, make sure the "Visitors of a page" template is selected.
    2. In the text box, type the URL of the page or section you want to create the list for.
    3. Either finish typing the value and press Enter or select one of the suggested options to define your list.

Keep in mind: When you enter a value, for example a URL, into the text box to define your rule, and then select "URL contains" in the drop-down menu, you indicate that the URL of the section you're creating the list for contains the part of the URL that you entered, but doesn't have to be equal to what you typed.

Example

If your entire site has a remarketing tag, and you enter "electronics" when you create your list, people who visited any of your webpages with "electronics" in the URL will be added to the list. This will happen regardless of where in the URL the term appears; for example, visitors to http://electronics.example.com/ and to http://www.example.com/electronics.html would be added to the list.

Create a remarketing list
  6. Enter the membership duration for your list (the default is 30 days). This indicates for how long you want the visitor's cookie to stay on your list. We recommend choosing a duration related to the length of time you expect your ad to be relevant for the visitor. For more details, read the "More about membership duration" section below.
  7. If you already have a remarketing tag on your site, leave the "Include past visitors that match these rules" checkbox selected to include recent site visitors who match these rules in your list. Which visitors are eligible also depends on the membership duration you choose and is capped at 30 days. This works for the Display Network only (and doesn't apply to remarketing lists for search ads).
  8. Click Save.

If you haven't already pasted the remarketing tag on your site, you'll need to copy the tag and paste it on your site. As people visit your site, their cookie IDs will get added to your remarketing list. If you have older remarketing tags on your site, you can still use them, but we recommend implementing the new tag.

Please let me know if this helped resolve your issue with creating Remarketing tags for your Campaign (Displa Network Only). 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your response!

I have several websites in my adwords account. 

Does the way to set a remarketing campaign for each one is the following?
1. To place the same remarketing tag in all the websites

2. to create a list with a rule for each one with this format: URL CONTAINS urladdress1

Is this correct?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Perfil,

You have post query in two places.
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/remarketing-tags-for-several-websites/m-p/...
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’