Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing campaign: User locations

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I set up a remarketing campaign to all countries and to a couple of languages. To my surprise when I did a User locations report I noticed that most of my impressions, clicks and conversions (not that there are too many conversions) come from countries that, according to Google Analytics, don't visit my website at all or have very few traffic from those countries.

The adgroups in my remarketing campaign serve new users who have visited my site previously so I imagined I would get more traffic from the country I get more traffic from (according to Google Analytics) but that country is not even listed in my Adwords User locations report. I could, of course, set a campaign targeting only my desire location but I'm trying to understand how is this possible.

Many thanks,

Jacqueline.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jacqueline,

'The adgroups in my remarketing campaign serve new users who have visited my site previously'

That seems to contradict to the 1st paragraph. I'd check under (Interests &) Remarketing whether or not the intended remarketing list is the only running one.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @Lakatos sorry, meant all new visitors. So visitors who have visited my page but haven't signed up. Editing that now. Though, now that you mentioned that guess there's no point comparing Adwords new visitors remarketing list with Analytics New users segments? However, when I hover over 'New users' there's a tex that says 'User type: New Visitor'.