AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing - Visitors to Home Page Only

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone - I think I'm thinking myself in circles on something that should be fairly simple.

If I want to create a Remarketing List that is visitors who ONLY go to the home page, what is the best way to do it? If I just use "URL equals" + the home page URL, won't it then count everyone who lands on the home page? Do I then have to exclude every other page on the site with "URL does not equal"? That seems pretty burdensome, but I'm drawing a blank on how else to do it.

Thanks for any input.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing - Visitors to Home Page Only

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi sddalg,

You want to build a remarketing list of people who bounced from your home page? I don't know a thing about your business, but that doesn't sound like a good strategy. I imagine you have your reasons.

Here's what you could do. Generate remarketing code for "Home" and place it on your home page. Then create code for "All Other Pages" and place it on every other page of your site. Then create a custom combination for "Home" NOT "All Other Pages". Pretty much the same idea as yours, but using the code instead of URL's to define the lists.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Pete--

So the reason I want to do this is actually to use it in combination with other lists as a negative. For example, visitors who go into the site, but don't make it to the sign-up page (this is a small, high-tech, b2b). So I'm thinking I'd take my main list, exclude visitors to the sign up page (& make them a separate remarketing group), and exclude people who only land on the home page.

Maybe there's a better way to do this?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi sddalg,

That sounds like a good plan. You will have 3 lists: "home", "all other pages" and "sign-up".

For people who only visit the home page: "home" NOT "all other pages".

For people who visit more than on page but do not convert: "all other pages" NOT "sign-up"

For people who have converted: "sign-up".

Make sense to you?

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Right - thanks, Pete.