AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Setup for Multiple Markets

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I am in the process of setting up a new remarketing campaign. When I last setup a campaign you had multiple tags so you could build separate lists. Now that this has changed with the single code for all lists I am a little confused as to what is the best method for my circumstances.

I have a website that is dynamically populated for each market/city. To explain further it's domain.com/market the content is all the same no matter what and the only thing that changes is the city/phone #. I want to be able to build audiences off each city. My goal is to have separate campaigns dedicated to only the people who visited that particular market. So question is, what would be the best way to define these lists? 

Some Ideas I have had..

Would it be best to just use the one tag and create one list then use geo targeting within each campaign setup for that market?

or

Use the one tag and create multiple lists. How do I define these in order to build the lists appropriately?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Setup for Multiple Markets

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I Robert, I don't really understand your first option/suggestion, but I can tell you that the second one is the way to go. A single tag (using Google Tag Manager is even better if you can) will work and simply create many other lists based on a visit to each domain.com/market page.

You're gut instinct was right Smiley Happy