Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Search Campaigns Bid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have setup re-marketing search campaign. I had few doubts to manage this along with my search only campaign having similar set of keywords.

1.) Does keywords in both the campaigns compete each other?

2.) For re-marketing search campaign which bid is consider one set at keyword level or other set at adgroup level/

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Search Campaigns Bid

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mary,

I'm glad to hear you are giving RLSA a go Smiley Happy

To answer your questions:

1.) In the Audiences tab make sure that your targeting setting for each ad group is Target and bid. This will ensure that your ads only show to people who have already visited your website and therefore won't compete against your regular search campaign.

2.) Like a regular search campaign the 'deepest' bid will be considered first so in your case this will be the keywords themselves. If the keywords haven't been given a custom bid then the ad group bid will be applied to them.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Mary,

In terms of RLSA ads which you are talking about, this specific campaign will target those users who had visited your site earlier and those users who are actually in your  remarketing list will be shown the RLSA ads.

Users who are not in your  remarketing list will not be shown these RLSA ads. That's the prime difference.

If you have set up individual keyword level bid or if using custom bids for your RLSA ads, then those bids would be considered as far as my understanding goes. Otherwise your default bid which have set would be taken into consideration. Read more details about Bidding features here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6051106?rd=1

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Scoot & Pankaj,

I agree that there is no competition between Search and Re-marketing search campaign keywords whenever a new user (Not listed in Re-marketing List) searches for keywords in my campaigns.

But for an already visited user's search query, keywords from both the campaigns become eligible and so compete each other?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
When a previous visitor makes a second search the RLSA campaign should override the regular campaign but if you wan't to make sure then you can always exclude the audience in question from your regular search campaign.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.