Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing List Cannot Be Attached To Ad Group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

I'm experencing a bit of a problem attaching a remarketing list to an ad group for an RLSA campaign we're running. The remarketing list is fairly large, and I've attached it to an ad group belonging to a Search Only campaign. The audience setting is "Target and Bid" as we want to ensure that ad is only displayed to people on the remarketing list.

However for some reason, when we run the ad, the ad still shows to everyone who is NOT on the remarketing list. When I check the Shared Library, and click on the chosen remarketing list, it still says that the list is not used!

Does the remarketing list take time to be associated to the chosen ad group, or is there something in the settings we're missing? 

Thanks a lot for reading and helping me out Smiley Happy

Re: Remarketing List Cannot Be Attached To Ad Group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Another thing I would like to add is that the size of our list is definitely over the minimum of 1000 cookies. And when we look at the reporting of the chosen RLSA ad group, impressions are still coming in from users who are NOT on our remarketing list. Moreover, impressions from our remarketing list still sit a ZERO Smiley Sad

Re: Remarketing List Cannot Be Attached To Ad Group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
UPDATE: Everything works now Smiley Happy It appears that there is a 24 hour delay from the point that remarketing list is added, to when it is actually associated to the chosen ad group! Thanks everyone for reading.