Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Image Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone!

Wondering whether you can help. I'm relatively new to AdWords and despite trying to pick bits up by reading online, there's still a few things I'm not too clear on! The first campaign I set up was a remarketing one, and we used the responsive ads. However, my manager didn't like the look of these ads becuase they didn't always contain the company name or the logo - I believe this is the nature of these ads, but for our next campaign they'd like me to change it. Is the only way to gain full control over what your ads will look like to design your own image ads? I've designed them in all the supported sizes. Will this do the trick? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lottie B
June

Remarketing Image Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lottie,

Yes designing your image ads will give you complete control over their appearance.

Another big advantage is that you will get to know which specific image ad (dimension) is producing best results. You can later move these better performing ads to a separate ad group and bid higher if you want.

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lottie B
June

Remarketing Image Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lottie,

Yes designing your image ads will give you complete control over their appearance.

Another big advantage is that you will get to know which specific image ad (dimension) is producing best results. You can later move these better performing ads to a separate ad group and bid higher if you want.

Deepak

Remarketing Image Ads

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Just to add to Deepak's advice... don't settle for a single ad. 

We tend to fall into the trap of accepting the Hippo's opinion of what works (Highest Paid Person's Opinion) - in this case your boss!

Whilst they may be sure as to what your customers want, your customers may disagree so, as with all ads, be prepared to test different versions to see which one resonates best with your audience.

Not only do you often find a better performer, but there is also some perverse satisfaction in showing the boss how they got it wrong ;-)

Remarketing Image Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the advice, Deepak! I've uploaded them all and I'm looking forward to seeing which perform best.

Kind regards

Remarketing Image Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the advice. I totally agree!

At least we'll be able to try the two different styles and see which perform best! 

Kind regards