AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Disabled in Google Analytics - No Indicator Why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Folks,

I was just randomly in my admin section of Google Analytics and I came across the page with the Remarketing Slider and found that it was off! Not a fun surprise I must say :-/

Unfortunately I don't really know why or when it was disabled. Does anyone know where a notification such as that would be so that I could look into it? (I would've guessed it'd be in the notifications heh heh kinda obvious right. But I don't recall ever seeing anything there...) Would it be in GA Notifications? AdWords Notifications? Any thoughts?

The site I am referencing linked here just provides used goods pricing guides

Thanks in advance for any help folks!

ps I just noticed in my Notifications that I do have one notification alerting me that I have Advertising Reporting on but not Remarketing so I would think that any other notices of me doing something wrong would be right around there but there's nothing there.. ? * ponders *

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Disabled in Google Analytics - No Indicator Why?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @John F,

Can you confirm that your are talking about following thing which is I mention in image. Because I am eligible to see the remarketing option in analytics.

remarketing.png

Regards

Mohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Naw, thanks for checking into that though @Mohit B

It would be this guy (the Remarketing one on top):

Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 5.04.54 AM.png

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
It seems like you already have ga('require','displayfeatures') in your GA code snippet so you shouldn't worry about the Remarketing instant activation switch which is just a way of activating remarketing without having to update the code (see http://analytics.blogspot.com/2015/01/start-remarketing-with-google-analytics.html)
One way you can double-check that everything is fine is to look at the historic size of your remarketing lists in AdWords.