AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Disabled in Google Analytics - No Indicator Why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Folks,

I was just randomly in my admin section of Google Analytics and I came across the page with the Remarketing Slider and found that it was off! Not a fun surprise I must say :-/

Unfortunately I don't really know why or when it was disabled. Does anyone know where a notification such as that would be so that I could look into it? (I would've guessed it'd be in the notifications heh heh kinda obvious right. But I don't recall ever seeing anything there...) Would it be in GA Notifications? AdWords Notifications? Any thoughts?

The site I am referencing linked here just provides used goods pricing guides

Thanks in advance for any help folks!

ps I just noticed in my Notifications that I do have one notification alerting me that I have Advertising Reporting on but not Remarketing so I would think that any other notices of me doing something wrong would be right around there but there's nothing there.. ? * ponders *

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Disabled in Google Analytics - No Indicator Why?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @John F,

Can you confirm that your are talking about following thing which is I mention in image. Because I am eligible to see the remarketing option in analytics.

remarketing.png

Regards

Mohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Naw, thanks for checking into that though @Mohit B

It would be this guy (the Remarketing one on top):

Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 5.04.54 AM.png

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
It seems like you already have ga('require','displayfeatures') in your GA code snippet so you shouldn't worry about the Remarketing instant activation switch which is just a way of activating remarketing without having to update the code (see http://analytics.blogspot.com/2015/01/start-remarketing-with-google-analytics.html)
One way you can double-check that everything is fine is to look at the historic size of your remarketing lists in AdWords.