AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Default Status: Managed

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Why does the Remarketing Audience status Default to 'Managed'?

Managed Status is reserved for Display campaigns that has specific placements on websites, apps, and videos. 

Source here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471182?hl=en

So in my remarketing campaign I did not specify any placements for websites, apps and videos. then Why is the default status "Managed"? 

1.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Boyang S
September 2015

Re: Remarketing Default Status: Managed

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Ho Boyang!

In the display network context, anything we add as a targeting criteria is referred to as 'managed'. Just like keywords/placements. If you notice GDN campaign reports, you'll see 'automatic' next to placements, meaning they are placements automatically determined by the system based on your targeting criteria. As remarketing list is a manual targeting criteria, you'd see 'managed' next to them which is just an indication that it is a manually added.

Hope that clarifies.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Boyang S
September 2015

Re: Remarketing Default Status: Managed

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Ho Boyang!

In the display network context, anything we add as a targeting criteria is referred to as 'managed'. Just like keywords/placements. If you notice GDN campaign reports, you'll see 'automatic' next to placements, meaning they are placements automatically determined by the system based on your targeting criteria. As remarketing list is a manual targeting criteria, you'd see 'managed' next to them which is just an indication that it is a manually added.

Hope that clarifies.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar