2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Default Status: Managed

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Why does the Remarketing Audience status Default to 'Managed'?

Managed Status is reserved for Display campaigns that has specific placements on websites, apps, and videos. 

Source here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471182?hl=en

So in my remarketing campaign I did not specify any placements for websites, apps and videos. then Why is the default status "Managed"? 

1.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Boyang S
September 2015

Re: Remarketing Default Status: Managed

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Ho Boyang!

In the display network context, anything we add as a targeting criteria is referred to as 'managed'. Just like keywords/placements. If you notice GDN campaign reports, you'll see 'automatic' next to placements, meaning they are placements automatically determined by the system based on your targeting criteria. As remarketing list is a manual targeting criteria, you'd see 'managed' next to them which is just an indication that it is a manually added.

Hope that clarifies.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Boyang S
September 2015

Re: Remarketing Default Status: Managed

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Ho Boyang!

In the display network context, anything we add as a targeting criteria is referred to as 'managed'. Just like keywords/placements. If you notice GDN campaign reports, you'll see 'automatic' next to placements, meaning they are placements automatically determined by the system based on your targeting criteria. As remarketing list is a manual targeting criteria, you'd see 'managed' next to them which is just an indication that it is a manually added.

Hope that clarifies.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar