AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Campaign Setup

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have setup a remarketing campaign last week, however it still hasn't generated clicks or impressions despite the ads being approved.

There is a list that targets the group I want to reach out to and the campaign is setup as a remarketing display campaign.

Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joel D
September 2015

Re: Remarketing Campaign Setup

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Joel D ,

There can be 2 problems : not using text ads and using low bids.

If you have only banners, not all sites accept all banner sizes, but text ads are accepted on almost all sites, so try to have at least a backup text Ad.

Raising bids is the other testing solution for this problem. If you set a really high bid impressions must appear. Impressions should be seen with a few hours of delay. After you see impressions, you can lower the bid. Impressions do not mean immediate clicks so testing like this with high bids is not a problem.In the GDN the CTR rate is low, there can be hundreds of impressions before a click.

Your Ads have to show up on whatever sites your Audience is visiting that day. The low impression count is to be expected. Another factor is the size of the audience : for example for a small 1000 cookies audience target I have around 50-100 impressions per day with no restrictions applied. Remember not all the people from your audience will be online everyday at every hour, and even if they are , they will not necessarily visit a site that accepts AdSense Ads.

Also Make sure you haven't entered some other restrictions, like placements, age segments.

Good Luck !

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joel D
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Joel D ,

There can be 2 problems : not using text ads and using low bids.

If you have only banners, not all sites accept all banner sizes, but text ads are accepted on almost all sites, so try to have at least a backup text Ad.

Raising bids is the other testing solution for this problem. If you set a really high bid impressions must appear. Impressions should be seen with a few hours of delay. After you see impressions, you can lower the bid. Impressions do not mean immediate clicks so testing like this with high bids is not a problem.In the GDN the CTR rate is low, there can be hundreds of impressions before a click.

Your Ads have to show up on whatever sites your Audience is visiting that day. The low impression count is to be expected. Another factor is the size of the audience : for example for a small 1000 cookies audience target I have around 50-100 impressions per day with no restrictions applied. Remember not all the people from your audience will be online everyday at every hour, and even if they are , they will not necessarily visit a site that accepts AdSense Ads.

Also Make sure you haven't entered some other restrictions, like placements, age segments.

Good Luck !

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Adrian,

I will try increasing the bids