Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Across 2 Websites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I have 2 websites. Want to use remarketing advertising for site N2 targeting people that landed on specific pages on site N1.

What should I do in this case?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

All you have to do is install the remarketing code on site N1 and direct the adverts to site N2.

Hope this helps,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Matthew! Thanks a lot!

I thought so, however, there is already an existing code on the backend of site N1. Are these two compatible or am I just going to break site N1? In other words, is it OK for me to add multiple tracking codes on the backend (header) of the same website?

Thank you! 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

If the existing code is a remarketing code then just remove it and add the new code. If it isn't remarketing code then you should be able to add the new code with no problems.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi again Matthew, that's great thanks for the prompt reply. However, I believe there is another one on the website N1 as we have adwords campaigns there too :// Does this mean that the website can crash or do you think there is another way around it? 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Marketing Q,

If both sites are in the same AdWords account, which you probably should as the sites seem to be owned buy the same entity and market similar products, you can use either list for either domain. If they are in different accounts managed by an MCC, you can share the remarketing lists between accounts. If neither of those are true, you can place 2 sets of the remarketing code on one page without a conflict.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete!

Thanks for that!

So, as a newbie in all that the first couple of options confuse me a little. However, I think I should just use the last option. As the websites are ecommerce and sell good, I don't want to crash any of them as you probably understand Smiley Happy

Let's say I sell shoes. I would like then to get the data from website N1 which sells more expensive shoes and would like to create an audience who were on a certain product page but did not purchase. Then would like to use this list for website N2 which sells similar but cheaper shoes.

Q. One - Is there really no risk at all for me to 'break' website N1 if I already have an installed remarketing tag?( I dont have a mirrored version of the website still where I can test:/)

Q. Two - Do I need different codes for the different product pages then or is it like the Facebook tracking pixel ( you just add the different urls of the different products when creating the ad?)

Thank you!