Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Reload previously saved (on adwords Editor) Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

before operating some changes on the account online I've saved the status quo on my adwords editor.
Now I want to upload the 'situation' saved on my adwords editor, but cannot see how to do it (I just
see the buttons for 'post changes', but actually I just need to post the status quo i save some days 
ago and that does not coincide with the situation on the control panel.
can you please tell me the path and how to proceed.
thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ikofang
September 2015

Re: Reload previously saved (on adwords Editor) Campaigns

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi IKO,

Yeah, you got it. Let me know how you get on.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi ikofang,

Welcome to the community

Are you talking about reloading an aea or csv backup of your account to restore it?

Is so, you want to go to File > Import snapshot (aea) or CSV to override whats currently in there. 

Once imported you can post the changes.

Import an aea backup

Import a CSV backup

Let me know if this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi purefuzz.

this is the situation:

1) On day 17 oct I downloaded all the campaigns of my account on my Adwords Editor.

2) After that, I performed modifications on my adwords account (online)

3) Now, I'd like to re-load the 'stuation' that i saved on my adwords editor, overriding what's

online now /which is not working well)

I do not see an option that tells --> 'post and override' from the adwords editor to the online

panel.

Does your solution help me out?

cheers

IKO

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi IKO,

Make sure you actually have a backup CSV or aea file of the what you want. If it's what's showing on your editor now, go to file export and you'll see the options there.

After saving your backup I'm pretty sure you'll have to hit "get recent changes" to get it's current state before it can upload the old aea file over the more recent changes.

It should then reset the account back to what it was when you did the backup.

Let me know if you nedd any more help with it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

I didn't have a backup, I made it now following this path:

FILE--> EXPORT SPREADSHEET (CSV)--> EXPORT WHOLE ACCOUNT.

Is this ok? 

After this you suggest me to import the 'situation' that is online now, before operating the override? 

Is that right? Let's say I click on 'get the recent changes', how will I proceed to upload the backuped file? 

IKO

p.s. this system symply doesn't maje any sense. there should be a button that say --> 'upload the whole account'

and that override on the online situation.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

So, what happens is that your editor is sitting with the same information as when you initially uploaded it.

You made changes un the UI so editor can't know about these changes until you press get recent changes (thats what the button is for) As no changes were made in editor, it doesn't know there is anything to upload if we don't comlete this step.

You need to have a backup of what you have and not what's live. This is why we did the backup BEFORE hitting get recent changes. We need what's currently there.

Once you get your recent changes, you then import the CSV back in. File > Import CSV. You'll see in the post summary that changes are being made. These changes should be reverting things back to the way you want them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, what happens is that your editor is sitting with the same information as when you initially uploaded it.

Yes and my Editor has a situation that does not coincide with what it's online now. because i operated the modification onine and not on the adwords editor.

You made changes un the UI so editor can't know about these changes until you press get recent changes (thats what the button is for) As no changes were made in editor, it doesn't know there is anything to upload if we don't comlete this step.

Yes the editor doesn't know that the online situation is different.

You need to have a backup of what you have and not what's live.

I did it few mins ago through this path: FILE--> EXPORT SPREADSHEET (CSV)--> EXPORT WHOLE ACCOUNT.

And it's now saved in a folder on my pc. 

This is why we did the backup BEFORE hitting get recent changes. We need what's currently there.

yeah, I've got the CSV backup on my pc.

Once you get your recent changes, you then import the CSV back in. File > Import CSV. You'll see in the post summary that changes are being made. These changes should be reverting things back to the way you want them.

Ok, so let me see if I got this straight:

a) I did backup the current situation that I have on my adwords editor

b) I need now to 'get recent changes' from the online version.

c) once this is done, I'll have to import the csv.

d) and then upload the changes (that will be in my adwords editor) onto the online version.

Is this alrite? 

IKO

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ikofang
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi IKO,

Yeah, you got it. Let me know how you get on.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First of all, you're a godsend Smiley Happy 

second of all, don't you find this methos absolutely bizantine?

IKO

Top Contributor Alumni
# 10
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi IKO,

Not a problem, happy to have been able to help.

it does make sense though. Editor needs to have the most recent data to be able to revert it back to the CSV you are importing. Otherwise it looks the same to its current data and there are no changes to be made.  It's just the way the tool works.

id recommend making regular backups of your account  (weekly or monthly) so you can do this again in the future if need be.