Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Regarding advertising on Google Search enging

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

About 10 years ago, when I was adverting my business on yahoo search engine, the yahoo search engine advertising team offered me different types of advertising on yahoo search engine.

One of them was very similar to google AdWords - my business appear in the blue rectangular box above all other search lists and when visitors click my site's link then I get charged - pay per click.

Another type of advertising they offered was, if I pay around $3000 per month, they  let my business appear in the top 30 search results - for example if I my business is selling candies, then when search engine users type "candy" on yahoo search engine then my business appear in the top 30 search results. My Question is, does google AdWords currently offer this sort of advertising?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lawrence K
March 2016

Re: Regarding advertising on Google Search enging

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Lawrence,

I remember those days of paid inclusion on Yahoo as well! Unfortunately Yahoo did away with that feature on 1/1/2010. None of the major search engines, including Google AdWords, have this feature anymore. You will have to bid for the top or bottom of page ads now through the AdWords CPC paid search program. The Google organic listings are based entirely on their search algorithm.

Yahoo is now offering a feature that is somewhat related to paid inclusion called native advertising. It is essentially a paid ad that is meant to not look like a paid ad. I won't post a link to it here but you can search "Yahoo native advertising". Hope this helps.

-Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lawrence K
March 2016

Re: Regarding advertising on Google Search enging

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Lawrence,

I remember those days of paid inclusion on Yahoo as well! Unfortunately Yahoo did away with that feature on 1/1/2010. None of the major search engines, including Google AdWords, have this feature anymore. You will have to bid for the top or bottom of page ads now through the AdWords CPC paid search program. The Google organic listings are based entirely on their search algorithm.

Yahoo is now offering a feature that is somewhat related to paid inclusion called native advertising. It is essentially a paid ad that is meant to not look like a paid ad. I won't post a link to it here but you can search "Yahoo native advertising". Hope this helps.

-Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.