AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Reg: search term Excel sheet

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi experts,

I have download the search term sheet in there I have found  irrelevant, un useful keywords, few keywords are
more then 10 words please check below

"zain ul abdin information works at burhan security services in london" ( more than 10words and irrelevant keywords as per the website services)

"how much do drugs dog handler get paid at gatwick airport" ( more than 10words and irrelevant keywords as per the website services)

Negative keywords sessions not accept these keywords. where can I restrict those type of  keywords ?

please let me know.

Thanks in advance...

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Reg: search term Excel sheet

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Naidu,

You can pick words (terms) from these queries which are irrelevant and can block those since 10+ words queries can not be added.

For an example suppose drugs is not useful, you can add drugs and drug as negative broad.

Edit: You are fast Scott. Missed you reply!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Naidu,

You'll need to strategically think of what shorter negative phrase will exclude these sort of searches without blocking your included keywords. So if your business has nothing to do with dog handlers you could include the negative keyword "dog handler" in either broad or phrase match to exclude that second search term for example.

I'd also suggest reviewing your match types in general as they are two very broad search terms that you have given as examples.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Naidu,

You can pick words (terms) from these queries which are irrelevant and can block those since 10+ words queries can not be added.

For an example suppose drugs is not useful, you can add drugs and drug as negative broad.

Edit: You are fast Scott. Missed you reply!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Great minds think alike Neha Smiley Wink

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.