Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Receiving impressions but ad doesn't show on the ad preview

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

For my ad campaign i'm receiving impressions but once i check in the ad preview section i'm receiving this message. I have limited my ad to ios devices, where OS is 10.0 or above. When checking in ad preview i have selected the correct device and the OS.

Whats the mistake im doing ?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 8.59.56 AM.pngScreen-Shot-2017-05-07-at-8.53.21-AM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

The preview tool only works for search network advertising. Device and O.S. specific settings only apply to the display network.

If you are accruing impressions, your ad is showing. But, given your settings, you are likely only accruing impressions on the display network - So, your ads are not eligible to show on search networks for this, or any term, due to your campaign level device settings.

Tom

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi @tomhalejr,

Rectification here, Device and OS options are available in Ad Preview tool for the search network.

@4Axis,

If you have selected the same device and OS in the Ad preview tool but still your ad is not showing than the reason might be the QS which is poor and hence, your ads are getting outranked most of the time in the real time auction.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Archit  @tomhalejr

Thanks.

1. Seems to be my daily budget is low, Currently i have set my daily budget to $20, and they have ask me to increase it to $29 get 17% increase in clicks.

AND

2. I have set the bid strategy to maximize the clicks. So there for i think adwords has reduced the Max CPC to get maximum clicks. 

Does it effect the showing of ads by setting the bit strategy to maximize the clicks ?

Please guide me on this. I'm new to adwords.

Thanks.

Re: Receiving impressions but ad doesn't show on the ad preview

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @4Axis

Yes, it will affect the showing of your Ads but at the same time, I will suggest working on the relevancy of your Ad, keywords and the landing page.

Every time, maximize the clicks (bid strategy) is not the best option according to me.

Thanks,

Aslam

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 4Axis
May 2017

Re: Receiving impressions but ad doesn't show on the ad preview

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi @4Axis,

1) There are various ways to cop up with the budget constraint campaigns.

• You can bid less to get ranked on lower positions.
  • As mention by you that you already have a good QS, you can use all other possible ad extension types to improve the Ad rank.
  • Using shared budget for multiple campaigns.
  • Using ad scheduling
  • Instead of using the same budget throughout the month with limited daily budget, you can run the campaigns for 15-20 days with a increased daily budget.

2) Every bid strategy performs according to specific goals.

If you want to grab maximum click within this budget without putting efforts in management then this is best.

If you want to be on the 1st page or top of the page of SERP then target search page location bidding is perfect.

If you have a good conversions history and looking for conversions within specific amount then target CPA can be used.

Read more about automated bidding

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

Yeah, I know... But...

Experience tells me...

Tom