4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Realtionship between Adgroups and their Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am pretty much confuse about the relationship between adgroups and their ads like for example i created a adgrpoup named 'wedding caterer' which contains three ads with six keywords does it true that two keyword for one ad is it true that only that two  keyword will trigger that two ads  not the rest of the others.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Realtionship between Adgroups and their Ads

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Shane P,

No, it is not true. Every keyword from your ad group can trigger any of your ads from this very ad group.

Best regards,

Alex

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Shane,

As Alex suggested, this is not at all true. It is generally recommended to have not more than 5- 6 closely related keywords in your adgroup and that you should have atleast 2 -3 ads per adgroup.

Apart from this, the only relation between an adgroup and an Ad copy is that if for example, for your adgroup 'wedding caterer', your ad copies should talk about wedding caterers and your USP's and your services and not about say wedding photographers, etc.

Same applies to your keywords, they should all be closely related and should be targeting the same keyword theme but with variations. All these 3 clubbed together give you a good quality score if these instructions are followed while creating campaign structures.

Apart from this, let me clarify that any of your keywords in an adgroup can trigger any of your ads. You can ensure that the performing ad copy in the adgroup gets preference by changing the ad rotation settings and at the same time, you can ensure that both or all 3 your ad copies get equal visibility as much as possible using the same settings.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks You Very Much For Your Help

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Your Welcome Shane!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"